Move forward into work with support from Lancashire Women
30 January 2024
Are you ready to move forward into work? Lancashire Women are here to support you!
The Move Forward employment project which is funded by Preston Council, is where Lancashire Women are working with women aged 25 and over who are classed as economically inactive, (no current requirement to work or job seek) and held back by multiple barriers to employment, including:
- No or low skills / work experience
- Poor physical or mental health
- Caring responsibilities
- Lack of motivation, aspiration and trust
- Experience of criminality
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Experience of domestic violence
- Poor experience within the care system
- Benefit dependency
- Financial difficulties
- Social isolation or loneliness
Are you ready to rediscover your professional journey?
Lancashire Women's new employment service is tailor-made for you!
Whether you took a career break to raise a family, devoted your time to care giving or have a long-term health condition, we understand the unique challenges you face.
What will the 'Move Forward' programme help with?
Lancashire Women will work with each participant to meet their needs and challenges. They will help provide them with access to job seeking support, volunteering and workplace opportunities, free training - including maths, English for speakers of other languages and digital skills - and optional free lifestyle activities to boost confidence and wellbeing of participants.
- Learn what your personal goals and aspirations are
- Enhance your job skills
- Get you prepped and ready for interviews
- Develop your CV writing skills
- Build your confidence
- Find the right job for your circumstances
- Move forward into paid employment